Damp is a slow killer of homes, causing significant damage over long periods of time, and it can often go unnoticed unless you know the tell-tale signs that warn you of the oncoming danger. Fortunately, learning about these signs can significantly reduce the risk of costly repairs and allow you to call on companies such as Injecta to provide damp course treatment. Both old and new Loughborough homes are subject to the dangers of damp, but the right treatment and a watchful eye can not only significantly reduce the risk, but also quickly deal with the problem if you ever do catch it creeping into your property from below the house or in the basement.
Many types of mould produce a certain foul odour during growth, and you can often smell it long before you see the growth. There is much to explain about damp course treatment, but one thing you should always remember is that fast treatment is ideal when it comes to avoiding further damage. Mould and mildew can grow in the corners of a home, behind paint, in the basement, and in any other dark and hidden places that might go unnoticed by those living in the house, but noticing an odour can help you catch the problem early.
Damp course treatment in Loughborough by Injecta is not only necessary as a precaution, it can also come after the discovery and removal of mould or mildew and is necessary to prevent a return. When many people think of mould and mildew, they think only of the spores that cause large stains across ceilings and up walls, but the damage can be far subtler than that if you are not watchful. Small, often round points of mould may begin to grow on a wall, often appearing as if there is simply dirt sprinkled onto the surface, and you should avoid contact with these areas upon discovery.
Staining, Peeling, or Blistering
Mould can take hold underneath layers of paint and wallpaper, feeding on the wood found underneath, and producing gaseous waste similar to other lifeforms. As the mould grows, it will cause peeling of your wallpaper or perhaps blistering in your paint, which is a clear and serious sign that the problem is worse than at first glance. Additionally, you may notice staining on wall coverings, which is a sure sign that decomposition of materials is underway as mould spores take hold and begin to grow.
Damp and Dark Walls
One of the classic signs of mould and mildew growth is dark staining on the walls or ceiling, often combined with the presence of dampness. It is this damp environment that will cause the mould to grow more quickly, and such a problem must be fixed immediately upon discovery. Not only can many types of mould potentially cause health problems such as allergies and infections, but they can also be a serious danger to the structure of your home. The more you do to significantly reduce the presence of damp inside your home, the less likely you are to see it take hold or return following treatment.